Thursday, January 12, 2006

Stuff

Got the cd for my mom out in yesterday's mail. I landed up adding to the list:

Stormy Weather - Lena Horne (for the hurricanes they've gone through)
Woman Be Wise - Sippie Wallace (with Bonnie Raitt)
Going to New York - Elaine Stitch
Nice Work If You Can Get It - Sarah Vaughan
These Foolish Things - Ella Fitzgerald

Thanx for the recommendations, everyone! Part of my decision was what I wanted for my own iPod (Izzy). I realized how much I love Vaughan's voice!

I'm thinking of making another cd for my parents' 57th anniversary which is coming up at the end of next month and adding Diana Krall, Diane Schuur, etc. is in the mix.

I spoke with her this evening and the suprize party my sister threw for her went quite well! She caught on that something was happening party-wise but didn't know the extent my sister and her partner went through. A dvd of the slide show and some interviews done the night of the party will be sent to me later.