Sunday, January 08, 2006

Decisions, Decisions

I'm in the process of pulling a songlist together on iTunes so I can burn a cd for my mother's 80th birthday. She goes for jazz especially in the vocalist area (cabaret/lounge area kinda thing).

So far, I have:
Ella Fitzgerald - How Long Has This Been Going On?
Sarah Vaughan - Embraceable You
Karen Akers - I Am Not Afraid
Ute Lemper - La Vie En Rose
Bobby Short - At Long Last Love
- Way Out West on West End Ave [Since we used to live on WEA in NYC -Lee]
- Broadway
Queen Latifah - Lush Life [Best cover of this song I've heard - Lee]
Nancy Wilson - Here's That Rainy Day
Dinah Washington - What a Difference a Day Makes
- Unforgettable

That's it so far but it's only 11 songs, 39.3 mins., and 39.8 mgs. and I'd like a few more songs to fill it out to fit an 80 minute cd. Any recommendations? Thanx!