Friday, September 16, 2005

Ack! Part Deux

Ick! I'm still a sicklet. Going into the 6th day. Mostly a sore throat I can't shake (it comes and goes but never goes for good) and a stuffy nose. Dunno why it won't leave. Usually, a cold cruises through me in about 4.

Anyway, it has fucked up weekend plans I had. The Dalai Lama is in town to give a three-day talk/teaching on Chapter 8 (Meditation, Aspiration to Bodhichitta, and Tonglen) of Shantideva's Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life. I got tickets for it months ago and scheduled a room at the hotel but, well, now being ill and not wanting to share whatever germs I have with a few thousand people, I ain't going. Blah! And :fill in deity of your choice here:: knows when he'll be back this a-way again? It's been 12 years since the last time he was here.

Oh, well! Good lesson on suffering.

######

Chas reminded me that producer/director Robert Wise died Wednesday at the age of 91. He directed such classics as West Side Story, The Day the Earth Stood Still and The Sound of Music as well as being involved in several others. He'll be missed.