Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Italian Beefcake; Bush is a Boob and Chaney's a Chump; Betty Bowers - I Love You!; To Paraphrase Anthony Newley: What Kind of Train Am I?

Just for Meg, Bex, Ceece, Kathy, and Nancy (who dared me to post this!):




Italian soccer player Francesco Totti leaving a soccer match. Er....is this the latest in the team's uniform?

######

Here's Prez Bush's and Part-automaton Cheney's reaction to Amnesty International's accusation that the U.S. had human rights violations in Guantanamo Bay prison.

Cheney: "For Amnesty International to suggest that somehow the United States is a violator of human rights, I frankly just don't take them seriously," he said in an interview that aired Monday night on CNN's "Larry King Live."

Bush: "It's an absurd allegation. The United States is a country that promotes freedom around the world," Bush said of the Amnesty International report that compared Guantanamo to a Soviet-era gulag.

Yeah, whatever guys! I'm just glad they can't be elected again.

######

And here's a wonderful missive from America's best Christian, Miz Betty Bowers commenting on TommyBoy Cruise's recent acting on the Oprah Show where she gets her jabs on Tom, Oprah, Pat Kingsley, Patsy "Who killed my little JonBenet?" Ramsey, and Pope Eggs Benedict. Enjoy!

######

You're the 456!
You are artistic, a bit whimsical, and less iconic
than the train on the other side of the Park.
Others may see you as an odd conglomeration of
new and old-fashioned ideas, but you realize
that's part of your charm.


Which New York City subway line are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Which is just swell with me since I lived near a couple of 4,5, and/or 6 stops for the last 11 years I lived in NYC.

Quiz stumbled upon at FARB's site.