Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Stuff

I had an unexpected dream the other night. Don't remember much of the details other than I had gone back to New York. Dunno if I had actually moved back or was just visiting for a bit but either way, I was staying at my parental units' apartment there. Alas, I know that'll never be a reality anymore since they finally sold the place two years ago as of July and (obviously) cleared everything out of it. (They sent me several pieces of furniture from it plus ALL of the photo albums and other family momentos - 150 friggin' pounds of it!) They were in that place for 36 years and I spent 11 of those years there. Still odd to think that I'll never be able to see the place again other than to to look up at it from the street. For some reason, that leaves me a bit sad.

Anyway, what I found interesting is how glad/happy I was to be back there again (I haven't been back since '93) and how much I missed it. It's was the first time since I left there that I've felt that way and I was chomping at the bit to go out and explore the city once again and to see how much it had changed. Maybe it's a sign, maybe not.

######

Happy birthdays to the following April babies: Michael of Dogpoet, Jeff - God of Biscuits, Sister Mary Mae Himm aka Vince, Philo, and Min Jung. (And to my sister as well but she doesn't know about this blog nor does she have one of her own.)

######

And as of this past weekend, once again Arizona is back on Pacific Time till next October. It'll take me that long to get used to having to mentally readjust to the time differnce between here and the east coast.