Friday, March 04, 2005

I Guess I Better Bite the Bullet...

...and finally do this now that I've been tapped/sticked/whatever by Todd and Glenn:

1. Total amount of music files on your computer?

None. Zip. Don't have anything to put it on (although an iPod is on my Amazon Wish List) so I either just listen to an online radio station when I'm on The Young Upstart, on my trusty old Walkman or radio in the bedroom, or on my stereo in the living room.

2. The last CD you bought was...

Lisa Gerrard's "Immortal Memory" (Now, if she and her Dead Can Dance partner Brendan Perry would finally announce their North American Tour dates, I'd be a happy camper!)

3. What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?

The Summer part of Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons" when I was watching the Classic Arts Showcase channel on cable. Via my 'puter, "The Slim Shady Polka" (Hush up, Dantallion! ;->)

4. Write down five songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

Hmmm...lessee...
a. "Moonflower" by Santana. Always loved this song and for some reason, it reminds me of NYC.

b. Theme from "Chinatown" by Jerry Goldsmith. Another instrumental I always loved from a movie I always loved. This one, tho reminds me of when I was in San Diego at a hotel on Mission Bay at night one spring back in the early 80's.

c. "Embryonic Journey" by Jorma Kaukonen. The version from Hot Tuna's "Double Dose" album.

d. "Can't Find My Way Home" by Blind Faith. Steve Winwood's voice is SO BLOODY perfect for this song. I can lie there and listen to this song for hours.

e. "Girlfriend is Better" and "Life During Wartime" by The Talking Heads from their "Stop Making Sense" album.

This was hard since there's several other songs that I'd like to add like "Evangeline" by The Band with Emmylou Harris, Harris' "Boulder to Birmingham", "John Barleycorn Must Die" by Traffic, and "Cassidy" and "It Looks Like Rain" by The Grateful Dead.

5. What 3 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?

Sheesh! I dunno. Who hasn't been hit yet?

######




Oh, this is too funny! Speaking of music, I just came across this video on Screenhead of middle-aged teachers doing "My Milkshake Brings All the Boys to the Yard".