Saturday, October 30, 2004

Yes, Virginia! TooStoned Does Have Trees.




Found this on the TooStoned tribe over on TribeNet and liked it so much I decided to steal...er...just post it over here as well. It was apparently taken within the past week on Mt. Lemmon in the Santa Catalina Mountains on the north side of the city. The elevation is over 9,000 ft. there and there's even a ski valley located there. (BTW - This is the area where we had the major forest fire June of last year)

It is indeed wonderful to see the leaves changing colors again, which is why I was pro'lly attracted to the photo. I still remember heading up to Woodstock, VT back in 1972 with my parents for a long weekend that October to see the fall colors. If I recall correctly, it was my first time I had been to Vermont so it was a new adventure for me. Driving back down to NYC, we were still somewhere in upstate NY and came across a roadside apple and cider stand/business of a farm which was owned by a family with the same last name as mine. We just had to stop, chat it up, and do buisness with the gent that was there. Alas, we weren't related but had fun choosing our own apples and watching the press moshing them up into juice. Good times.