Thursday, August 19, 2004

Bewitched, School, and Dearly Departed Former Bosses

While looking up Amy Sedaris on the IMDb, I noticed she's been cast in Bewitched as Gladys Kravitz, no less! Here's the rest of the credits from the IMDb:

Directed by
Nora Ephron

Writing credits (in alphabetical order)
Delia Ephron
Nora Ephron screenplay
Adam McKay

Cast (in credits order)
Nicole Kidman .... Isabel Bigelow/Samantha Stephens
Will Ferrell .... Jack Wyatt/Darrin Stephens
Shirley MacLaine.... Iris Smythson/Endora
Michael Caine .... Nigel
Steve Carell .... Uncle Arthur
Kristin Chenoweth .... Marie
Joan Plowright .... Aunt Clara
Jason Schwartzman .... Ritchie
Amy Sedaris .... Gladys Kravitz


Dunno why Sam, Durwood, and Endora have those other names nor if they'll switch the Darrin's but I'm looking forward to seeing it. It's scheduled to open in the States July 8th, 2005.

In other news, I finally reapplied and registered at school today for two classes. It's been a while since I've been a student so I'll just take it easy for the first semester and reaclimate. When I got to the campus I was FLOORED by what has been done to the place! I haven't been there since long before they completely remodeled all the main campuses so I had no idea what exactly was done. WOW! I was impressed with the little I saw! The campus was originally a ragtag collection of buildings built at a wide variety of times with a wide variety of purposes. From residences built back in the 20's and 30's, to a post office built back in the 50's I believe, to an elementary school built back in 1920, etc. At least the place looks more uniform and modern now. I wanna see what they did to the interior of the old elementary school but I'll do that next week.

One thing I found out about today was that my old boss at the reading department (I was a reading tutor for a year) passed away last year from cancer. If anything, she was definitely unique! Stiletto heels and a close-cropped 'fro dyed burnt orange will always remind me of her. God speed, TB!